Monday 30 September 2013

birthdays and owls and magazines...


new owls coming soon :)
 last week started with a birthday and ended with an Anniversary...such a lovely time was had as we spent our days celebrating our time together and the fact that I am now unable to remember exactly how old I really am (denial)


one of my presents....a vintage polaroid :)


here's me proudly stepping out in my custom Doc Martins and Tiara combo...my dress was made by a friend from my fashion college days...we had homemade gingerbread cookies with our initials on as favors and we had my friends dads Jazz band and mix tapes for the evening disco...we had a blast and consider ourselves very lucky indeed to be still happily celebrating 16 years on :)


other news... I have been at it again with the little squares and the pinning and the...oh OK there's no beating about the bush here I patchworked again...







just a simple squares one in some nice Autumnal patterns...



so this one has found itself on our squishy sofa ready for the next Wes Anderson movie marathon...





more makes...a new bag for my new camera...


it was pretty easy so if anyone is interested I might do a tutorial as I think they would make good Christmas presents....


I have been sat here a lot lately...working on some new things which I hope to share very soon...

 and also a spot of thrifting for nice wintery fabrics to cosy up our home...

speaking of home I just have to add that this lovely issue of Mollie Makes Home 2 


features our home as well as lots of really lovely interiors from all around the world...

 
 it's a lovely magazine, more like a book really...you can see more here

have a lovely week 
x x x x x x